We may update this Policy from time to time if our information practices change. We will post such updates to this page. Amendments to this Policy are effective upon publication. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the last modified date that appears at the end of this Policy. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any amendment to the Policy constitutes your acceptance thereof.
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When using our Services, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself. We and other entities may also automatically collect information relating to your interactions with us. We may also collect information about you from public sources or third parties as permitted by law.
Information You Provide to Us. In your interactions with our Services, you may provide us the following types of information:
- Personal and online identifiers, such as your name, email, telephone number, shipping and/or billing address, or unique online identifiers;
- Recordkeeping information, such as your login and account information, credit card number, or other financial information;
- Characteristics of legally protected classifications, such as gender or date of birth;
- Commercial or transactions information, such as purchase history, or record of products considered;
- Geolocation information;
- Sensory information, such as call recordings or other audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or other similar technology; and
- Personal preferences, such as your wish list as well as marketing preferences.
Automatic Information Collection. We also collect information through automated means when you visit our Site, including:
- The IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet, which may include information about your geographic location;
- Device identifiers;
- Browser characteristics;
- Device characteristics;
- Operating system;
- Language preferences;
- Browsing history;
- Information on actions taken on our Site;
- Dates and times of your visits to our Site; and
- Pages accessed on our Site.
See the Digital Advertising & Analytics section of this Policy to learn more about this information collection.
Information Received from Third Parties. We may also collect the categories of information described above from third parties, as well as other categories of information, such as:
- Commercial or transactions information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information;
- Inferences drawn from information about you to predict your characteristics and preferences; and
- Other information about you that is linked to the types of information described above.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
You. We collect information directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you:
- Sign up for our email list;
- Place an order with us online;
- Send us an email or other communication;
- Create an account with us;
- Participate in our promotions, surveys, and/or contests;
- Complete a survey; or
- Complete forms that may appear on our website.
Service providers. We may obtain information about you from vendors who provide services to us, such as customer relationship databases, website hosting services, or payment processing partners.
Third Parties. We may obtain information about you from third parties for marketing and other business purposes. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
Our affiliates, business partners, or joint venture partners. We may obtain information about you from our affiliates under the Honest Baby brand name.
OUR PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To fulfill a product order;
- To send you confirmation of your order;
- To communicate with you about the status of your order;
- To communicate with you about products, promotions, or other topics that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To personalize online content and experiences to you;
- To send you product updates or warranty information;
- To administer your account;
- To operate and improve our products and services;
- To operate and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Where you have asked us to do so, or consented to us doing so;
- Where we need to do so in order to perform a contract we have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose the categories of information listed above to other parties, including service providers and third-party marketing partners, for our business and commercial purposes, and for their commercial purposes, to help us bring you the products and services we offer, assist us in advertising and marketing our products to you, and to create, operate, and maintain our Site. For example, we may share your information with other parties in order to:
- Manage a database of customer information;
- Host our Site;
- Distribute our marketing and other e-mails;
- Send you catalogs of our products;
- Provide payment processing;
- Advertise our products to you;
- Assist us with direct marketing and data collection;
- Provide data storage;
- Provide data analysis;
- Provide fraud prevention;
- Provide order fulfillment and/or delivery services; and
- Provide other services designed to assist us in developing and running our Site and improving our products and services.
We share personal information for targeted advertising purposes, as described below, but do not otherwise engage in “sales” of personal information.
If we seek investors or go through a business transition, including but not limited to, a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information will likely be shared as part of the negotiation of the transaction pursuant to a confidentiality agreement and will likely be among the assets transferred in the event of a sale or partial sale of our assets.
We may also disclose or share your information with other companies or individuals when legally required to do so, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Services or the public.
De-Identified or aggregate data. We may generate and use de-identified, anonymized, or aggregate data for various purposes. We will maintain and use this data only in a de-identified form and will not attempt to re-identify such data, except as permitted by applicable law. We use such data to maintain and administer our Services, analyze trends, gather demographic information and comply with applicable law. We may share this information with other parties without limitation.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS
We partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of our Services and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser and applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Some Advertising Providers may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). You may opt out of Internet-based and mobile advertising on your mobile device by visiting TRUSTe’s Ad Preference Manager, currently available at https://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. Please note that we do not have control over, or responsibility for, the practices of these entities.
We also partner with Retention to provide you with communications and advertising we think may be of interest to you. They do this by associating your activities on our Services with information Retention or others have about you, including your email address. You can opt out of Retention’s use of personal information related to you by visiting app.retention.com/optout.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of our Services and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Honest Baby Clothing uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of our Services and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit, www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you use a third-party website or application to access our Services or your account on our Services, your activities on such third-party sites or apps are governed by the privacy practices of those sites or apps. The privacy policies of other sites and apps may differ significantly from ours, and we have no control over the operation of those sites or apps or the manner in which they collect, store, or process information. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
If you have an account with us, you may review, change, or update your contact information by logging into your account.
If you do not wish to receive our email promotional offers, you may opt-out by checking the relevant box when we collect your information, logging into your account to update your preferences, or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you. Please allow up to ten (10) business days for changes to your email preferences to take effect. During that time, you may continue to receive email communications from us that were already in process. Opting out of receiving our communications will not affect your receipt of communications related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as order confirmations.
If you do not wish for us to share personal information with our third-party marketing partners, please complete the online request form here.
If you would like us to delete personal information we may process about you, you may request that we do so by completing the online request form here.
For choices with respect to interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section above.
STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia residents have certain rights under state privacy laws with respect to personal information we collect. This section of the Policy contains disclosures required by law and explains rights that may be available to you, regardless of state of residence.
Personal Information We Collect and Disclose. In the preceding 12 months, we collected and disclosed the categories of personal information described in the “Categories of Information We Collect” section above.
Categories of Sources. We collect personal information from the categories of sources described in the “Sources of Information” section above.
Our Purposes for Processing Personal Information. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our commercial and business purposes, as described in the “Our Purposes for Processing the Information We Collect” section above.
Recipients of Personal Information. We disclose the categories of personal information described in this Policy to the categories of third parties listed in the “Recipients of Personal Information” section above for commercial and business purposes.
Your Rights. You may be able to exercise the following rights regarding personal information we collect about you regardless of your state of residence, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to confirm whether we are processing personal information about you.
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you; our purposes for collecting or selling personal information about you; the categories of personal information about you that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to request that we delete personal information we have collected about you.
- Depending on your state, the right to obtain a copy of personal information we have collected about you in a portable and readily usable format, to the extent feasible.
- The right to opt out of (i) sharing of personal information for targeted advertising; (ii) the sale of personal data; or (iii) profiling for decisions that have significant effects. Please note that if you opt out of certain practices, we may be unable to provide you with some of our Services.
- Depending on your state, the right to limit our processing of certain “sensitive” personal information (or to withdraw consent for such processing if you previously gave it).
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the above privacy rights.
To exercise any of the above privacy rights, please contact us using one of the following methods and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- By email at email@example.com
- By filling out our online request form here. If you wish to exercise opt out rights, please click here.
- By phone at 888.234.4224
Additionally, for Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia residents, if you have submitted a request that we have not reasonably fulfilled, you may contact us to appeal our decision by sending an email with the subject line “Appeal” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request. You will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum, your name and phone number.
Authorized Agent. Depending on your state of residence, you may also designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf by designating such an agent in writing or through a power of attorney. We will require the agent to provide us with proof that you have authorized the agent to make requests on your behalf prior to accepting requests from the agent.
DISCLOSURE FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
You hereby authorize us to disclose any of your personal information pursuant to judicial and administrative proceedings and to law enforcement or government agencies if we are legally required to do so. You also authorize us to disclose personal information if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate in the event of an investigation of improper or illegal conduct in connection with the Services, such as fraud, misrepresentation, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that may put us at risk for liability.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under 16 years of age. If we determine upon collection of personal information that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain this personal information without a parent or guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from an individual under the age of 16, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
We do not want you to send to us any confidential or proprietary information through email or otherwise. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be considered non-confidential, and by submitting the same to us, you are giving us the absolute right to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute the information for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless we are required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
We may freely assign this Policy or any of our rights and/or obligations hereunder to any successor.
If you have any questions about our information practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please send an email to email@example.com.
DATE LAST UPDATED: August 25, 2023